Blogger Templates

Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

IT'S JUST BEEN ONE OF THOSE WEEKS

Hello everyone


I hope your week has been good.  Mine started off well, then seemed to go a little down-hill towards the end.  


Early in the week we noticed that Jazz, our gorgeous tabby and white cat appeared to have something wrong with his left back leg.  It looked as though he had cut one of his toes and initially we were able to bathe it for him.  Towards the end of the week, he seemed to be in more pain and when I touched his paw he lashed out - very un-Jazz like, so we whipped him off to the vet.  We were amazed to find out that the problem was that Jazz has a flea-allergy - I know this is very common nowadays in cats - which has affected three of his toes!  Poor Jazz, no wonder he was in pain, but two injections, flea potions and a large bill later he is a much happier chap.  Daisy showed her support by being poorly today - however, she is also much better now.


As well as poorly cats, my computer has been misbehaving.  On Thursday I downloaded a programme from Serif that would enable me to design my own logo for my website and stationery.  Despite having numerous software programmes for firewall, anti-virus, the common cold, etc something called research.conduit.com downloaded - this is a search engine and while it may be completely safe (although I didn't want it on my computer) it caused numerous problems on email and Internet access.  Everything either froze, slowed down to zero speed or just gave up the ghost.  I removed all related progs and tried to remove conduit.com, also accessed and amended all system files, but still it is on my computer!  I have carried out all normal clean-ups and although the speed has increased, I still have the pesky search engine!  My post is courtesy of the laptop this evening, and back tomorrow trying to relieve my desktop computer of it irritating file.


Hopefully next week will see things back to the normal calm  life I lead (I wish).  As mentioned in my last two blog posts, from Friday, 3 February I am posting another blog post - not me this time, but you.  I already have one crafter posting on the first guest-blog date, so am now hoping to encourage other crafters to post on thefollowing Fridays.  Although I have a list of topics, it would be great to have suggested topics from fellow crafters - so if you are game to take part and want to talk about something, please do contact me on christmaspiecrafts@virginmedia.com - can you but guest blog post in the subject line?  My suggested topics are:


What inspires you to create
Do you still make (and  sell) the item(s) that set you on the road to being a professional crafts-person
How do you motivate yourself
Is blogging a good communication platform
What does handmade mean to you

500 - 600 words would be great, but please don't worry if that seems too much.  I am really looking forward to everyone taking part in this project - good publicity for both of us, so come and join in.

Back to the present time, it's Handmade Monday is it really a whole week since we last joined up for this?  Where on earth does the time go?  My make this week is another one of the gorgeous Moonlight Bay decoupage sheets - a lovely galleon on the high seas.  This will make a great card for a man - always hard to find a suitable card-topper.  I have lots of other Moonlight Bay decoupage sheets and will be posting the finished project on my blog over the next 2 - 3 weeks.  





Feet-up time as today (Sunday) has been spent being a nursemaid to cats and computers.  Don't forget to visit the other bloggers taking part in Handmade Monday - great posts and really great makes. 

See you on Wednesday.

Jill

18 comments:

  1. Oh poor Jazz, Shiloh sends licks to make him better and just so like a girl of Daisy! don't mention vets bills.

    Love the card and hope you get lots of bloggers for your Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your cats but at least they're better now. I love the card, it's always difficult designing for men but that card is just right. Good luck with the guest posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great topics... might tackle the blogging topic. Hope the cats are both up to their old tricks really soon... maybe the PC would respond to a dose of the flea powder to help rid it of the search engine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news Ros - look forward to hearing from you. Now why didn't I think of the flea stuff for the PC - just a little dab on the back and everything should be OK. Pesky things - fleas and PCs that is.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear the cats haven't been very well - hopefully they are both fully better now.

    As for the PC, try doing a system restore to a restore point before you downloaded the software. This should put everything back where it was (go to 'Start' - 'All Programs' - 'Accessories' - 'System Tools' - 'System Restore') hope that helps...

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ali - to be honest, I will try anything. Balancing on one leg, reciting a PC Mantra if it helps. Seems to be behaving a little better this morning, but let's face it PCs are a law unto themselves and tomorrow could bring a whole host of new gremlins.

      Delete
  5. My Mum's cat Toby suffers badly from flea allergies if he gets bitten. Stronghold puts it right as recommended by the vet.

    Might give the blogging a go. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no I hope all are feeling better, your moggy, the computer and relax yourself!

    Lovely card and a great idea with the new blog posts for involving other crafters good luck with it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heck, what a week! Hope everything is sorted soon. Love the guest post idea as well as the gslleon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems to be the week for pet troubles. The receptionist at Our vet now recognises our dog because he's been there so much in the last few weeks. Nothing really wrong with him - he's just a klutz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great card.Hope your cat's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Jazz. Glad he is showing an improvement. Computers, well, what can we say. You hate them when they are working and you hate them when they are not. Love the manly card, quite unusual actually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Jazz is back to his normal self ... poor little thing. Nice decoupage - you could frame it ... an open frame so you can still see the depth of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad your kitty is doing better. I hate when I have computer problems which is why I run a Mac with automatic wireless back up (which means if something bad happens in a pinch I can wipe the hard drive and go back to an earlier version saved on a version a day or so old before I got the virus or worm or malware or whatever). I did that after I managed to get virus or malware on BOTH of my computers in 2010 within a week of each other and one of them was completely ruined.
    Anyway, I googled (you probably already did this) and this is apparently malware that you have picked up.
    I googled "how to remove search.conduit.com and came up with a LOT of hits so it's a common problem. You might try that and see if one of them has a solution. There appeared to be some with answers --I would stay with a page that looked like it was from something legit, but I'm paranoid. My geek son who helps me usually googles to find out how to fix things I mess up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Susie, that is really kind of you to have searched for this. Will do a search and see how I can get rid of it. My computer is running reasonably OK, but I still have this flippin' conduit thing staring at me when I access the Internet.

      Delete
  13. Hope things are better with Jazz and puter.... Good luck on the guest blogs, I'll think of something but it won't be for a few weeks.
    The card is great, it's often a pain trying to find the right 'man card' but this fits the bill.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan - it would be lovely if you could take part in the blog guest postings. Look forward to hearing from you.

      Delete
  14. Stopping by from the I Heart Blogging Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.