It has been a hectic week leading up to my pilot card-making workshop on Thursday evening. Despite spending 20 years teaching and millions of hours preparing material for my courses, I had forgotten how exhausting it all was - and it wasn't that long ago that it was my day job. The pilot workshop went very well and Linda and I feel we met the two specific aims of the event: the guinea-pig card-makers had a great time and we received valuable feedback to enable us to plan and move forward with this joint-venture.
It is very easy to forget what it is like to make one's very first card, and I did. I had planned for at least two cards to be made during the evening - this was to be in addition to a demonstration by a Stampin' Up Expert. However, once an explanation regarding the format of the evening, safety issues, and the first demonstration had taken place, it was clear that my 'lesson plan' was going out of the window. But as is my habit, I had prepared about ten packs of cards for each person - a habit of over-preparing that I find very hard to break.
The first card the group made was an Art Deco locomotive decoupage. I chose this as it had simple straight lines and was less likely to put novice card-makers off of the beautiful art of decoupage:
Now it is feedback review time - what worked, what didn't, what was very popular and what should be left out of the next workshop. Exciting times and I am really looking forward to the next events, but in the meantime thank you everyone who took part in our pilot one.
I have several card orders to complete, plus a range of cards to make for an event I am taking part in next Saturday: the Chilworth Community Play Group Easter Fair. I will be back next Sunday with more news and pics, and Milly will be here on Wednesday with her next diary post. But before then don't forget to visit the crafters taking part in this week's Handmade Monday to catch up with their posts about last week's events.
Have a good week everyone