Blogger Templates

Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

CATCHING UP

Hi everyone

Life has been hectic at Christmas Pie Crafts these last few days.  Card orders and 'things' for my event on Saturday, plus 'the return of the stray cat'.

A few months ago a big black cat began visiting my neighbour and us.  He was friendly, if cautious, and we assumed about 8-9 years old.  My neighbour and I asked around locally to see if  he belonged to anyone, or if anyone knew anything about him.  The answer was 'no'.  We fed him when he turned up at either of our homes, which wasn't every day day and he had a very healthy appetite.   Last week we noticed he was limping quite badly on his left front paw.  Richard, who as well as being a big animal lover is a coward where they are concerned when they are in pain, injured, etc said 'I think you need to catch him'.  I spoke to my neighbour, to whom he was a more frequent visitor, and as he often nipped into her conservatory, she said she would try to contain him.  Move forward to today, following discussions with CP and RSPCA, he is coming home having had his leg platted (it was fractured in two places), he has also been chopped and chipped and he is moving into his new permanent home with my neighbour.  The biggest surprise was that he is only 2 years old!  Our vet (we both use the same one) advised my neighbour that as he had been living rough for all of his short life, he had clearly had some tough times out there.

His name is Shadow - because he comes and goes like one, and here is a recent pic I took of him in our garden.  He looks pretty fierce, but is really a big softy and a beautiful cat:


I had some great responses to my request on the Handmade Monday post about guest blogging - many thanks to everyone for your advice and support.  The general feeling was to open up my Friday spot to non-craft related topics as well as craft-related, so I did and the good news is I have fabulous posts for 9, 16, 23 and 30 March - 2 craft and 2 non-craft.  It would be lovely to have some lined up for April too - so if you are keen to join in, please do contact me on christmaspiecrafts@virginmedia.com.  One suggestion was to provide ideas on what to blog about, so below is the original list I mentioned a few weeks ago but I am happy to include topics not on the list:

What inspires you to create
Do you still make (and  sell) the item(s) that set you on the road to being a professional crafts-person
How do you motivate yourself
Is blogging a good communication platform
What does handmade mean to you

That's me for today, have a great rest of the week everyone.  I will be back with my Handmade Monday post and hopefully lots of good news about my first event of this year.  Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that for the last few days Jazz has been walking around with a limp - yes, in his left front paw!  Jazz was originally a stray cat and I think this is stray-cat-left-foot syndrome.  We took him to the vets, where he is fast reaching the status of having a seat in the waiting room with his name on, and they couldn't find anything wrong.  He is on anti-inflammatory liquid but is still limping - so watch this space, as it could be another trip to the vet in the not too distant future.

Jill

5 comments:

  1. Poor Shadow but at least now he has found a loving home, so sad I hate it when I see an animal in distress, this is coming from a human owned by a dog who is currently luxuriating on the bed snoring his head off!!!! Have a good week and hope you do well on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A story with a happy ending, well done to Shadow for finding a new home. Well done to you too for finding the guest bloggers for the rest of the month, I look forward to reading them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the story of Shadow. (I'm really scared of cats but at the same time love animals so was so pleased with the ending!) I think your little cat just enjoys the trip to the vet lol Mich :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope Jazz is feeling better and that Shadow is well settled into his new home. Jazz sounds like my children - when we go into the MIU they no longer ask us details!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you guys helped Shadow! May all the rest of his years be much less rough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.