Half-way through an amazing weekend for the UK - wish the weather had been as enthusiastic as everyone taking part, but it wouldn't be England if it wasn't wet, would it? Today has been an incredibly long day for the Queen and still more entertainment to go, followed by lighting a beacon at 10.30 pm - think she deserves a bit of a lie-in tomorrow.
We had planned to celebrate the Jubilee with a group of our neighbours by having a BBQ in our garden today - however, as the weather forecast was so grim we agreed during last week to move it to tomorrow as the forecast looked much better - maybe not much sun, but it should be dry. I hope so, as we have had many 'happy' BBQs in wet and windy weather, so could do without another one. Please Mr Sunshine, shine tomorrow afternoon and evening.
As promised, at long last, a photograph of my first pot - it has been biscuit-fired (not too sure what that is at the moment, but reading up about pottery as we speak). In my session last week I glazed it with a semi-matt white glaze. I decided I didn't want a strong colour for this first one but not too sure if I have gone a bit crazy with the glaze. Unfortunately, I may not know for many weeks how it will turn out as I have to wait until there is a kiln full of similar temperature items. It could be next term - good job I plan to re-enrol.
Thank you everyone who suggested a glue-gun and Pinflair in respect of my question last week for glueing my hearts to the willow wreath. I purchased a Dremel Glue Gun and will finish off my wreath during the coming week and post the final pic next Handmade Monday.
I have 'rush' orders for a couple of cards - the usual mix of interesting and unusual - both needed by Wednesday. I will photograph them once finished and post the pics on here next weekend. To give you an idea one is for a person who supports Chelsea football club, likes a particular local pub, is a Chaplain at a local school and the list goes on. The other is perhaps a little easier - I wish. Watch this space.
I recently made two baby fabric items using the same method as I have for my wreaths. Both are made with 2" squares of material fixed with glue into polystyrene balls and each one has a ribbon attached: blue for a boy and pink for a girl. As those of you who have carried out this work know, the hardest work is involved in cutting up the squares.