Blogger Templates

Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

THE FRIDAY REVIEW: DAWN HART OF STONEPIT CRAFTS

Hi everyone

This week's Friday Review is about someone I met through Twitter and has become a good friend who jumps in at the deep end end, literally, to help out with the Godalming Bazaar events.  However, in 'real life' Dawn is a crafts person and my review is focusing on one aspect of her creativity.  In addition to making beautiful greetings cards, Dawn is also a fantastic knitter producing great items from hat-bands to flower-pot covers and bangles to babies jackets.  Over the last year or so I have watched with keen interest as she has turned her skill and talent into a very successful business.  Her product range is always changing and expanding, so it is a good idea to check out her website regularly.

My Friday Review is about particular favourites of mine: her knitted people, all in uniform.  Apart from making great toys for children, they are also lovely keepsakes for people in the professions Dawn has represented in her creations.


This particular gentleman is a Paramedic - a profession close to Dawn's heart


How about these three?  I love the attention to detail: buttons, tie, helmet badge, the nurses fob watch.  My favourite is the fireman - apart from a man in uniform always being attractive, I love his hat.  

In addition to making items for sale, Dawn also runs several knitting groups in the Godalming area and you can find out more about them on the Knitting Groups Information tab on her website, where you can also see more photographs of her hand-knitted items as well as her cards.

I know that Dawn will have some of her people and possibly more at the next Godalming Bazaar, which is on 6 September in the Godalming Borough Hall.  Come along and have a look at her work and I am sure you will find it very hard not to ask her to make one of Knitted People for you.

Come back next Friday to see who is under the Friday Review spotlight.

Jill

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing a review about me this week Jill, glad you like my knitted people too, they are one of my many favourite things to knit and watch them grow. See you in September if I don't see you before.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those knitted people, they're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the high skill level is really evident in those little dolls. And I like the Friday Review Jill, it's a cool idea. Love Debra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.