Blogger Templates

Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

THE FRIDAY REVIEW: LARA BEARDALL OF LOVECOW

Hello everyone

My first Friday Review is about a stallholder I met at one of my Godalming Bazaar events: Lara Beardall, whose business is called Lovecow.  Lara produces beautiful bags and accessories from supermarket and department store carrier bags!  Yes, that's right, the bags that you and I often just throw away are used by Lara to create amazing things.

I had been looking for a summer bag, something a little different, one of those 'I know what I am looking for but just haven't seen it yet' times - and that is exactly what I found on Lara's stall.  I spotted a bag in bright greens and asked her if she could make one for me but with a longer handle - no problem.  Lara actually adapted the one I had seen and here it is:


Isn't it fabulous?  The photograph doesn't do it justice.  Lara also added an inside pocket which is ideal for mobile phone and keys.

I had an idea that it would be great to somehow match sandals to the bag and the thought of rosettes in the same pattern and colours occurred to me.  I spoke to Lara about it and guess what?  Here they are:


These are not the sandals they will be attached to (although they do look pretty good on them) but I wanted to include a photograph of them 'in action' so to speak.

Lara's work is brilliant and I recommend her for being both a great ideas and crafts person to someone who clearly cares about the environment and works hard to cut down on waste.  Lara will be at the next Godalming Bazaar on 6 September so please come along and have a look at her lovely work and of course if you have some plastic bags, particularly unusual ones, bring them along because I know she will turn them into something beautiful.

You can see more of Lara's work on her Facebook page: Laralovecow.

Come back next Friday to see who is under the Friday Review spotlight.

Jill

5 comments:

  1. I do love a bit of re-cycling and this is super brilliant. Loving the rosettes on your shoes adds a touch of colour wherever you wander!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the up-cycling! My granny used to do this when I was growing up in Durban in the 70s, and its nice to see the idea making a come back in such a glamorous way x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag looks wonderful. I really like the fact that Lara crafts items from old plastic bags.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, and the bags and rosettes are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of adding rosettes to sandles, and the bag is gorgeous, green is my favourite colour xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.