Blogger Templates

Pages

Monday 22 June 2015

SUN, SEA AND SEAFOOD - WHAT MORE COULD I ASK FOR

Hello everyone

Just back from a week in lovely Xlendi (pictured here) on the island of Gozo.  The temperature was around 30 degrees all week and it was a good excuse to relax, read lots and get a nice sun tan.

We stayed in the San Andrea Hotel which is 2 seconds (well possibly 3) from the sea and I really recommend this hotel for its location, friendly staff and great restaurant (the Zafira).  Despite on two nights having over one hundred guests in the inside part of the restaurant for events, the staff still maintained their usual excellent service for all diners.  This was the view from our hotel:


There are lots of beautiful bays on Gozo, which is a very popular island for divers.  Every morning during breakfast, we would watch the divers from a local school go off for their morning dive.  I used to think 'no way could I get into those suits in this heat'.  On their return they looked as though they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and came back the next day for another session.





There are many beautiful churches on Gozo and this is one that we photographed because of the spectacular paintings on the towers on either side of the building:




As well as being a cat fanatic, I am also a seafood/fish fanatic.  This holiday allowed me to indulge my fishy taste and every day was a fishy treat for me: lobster, prawns, seam bream, squid, octopus and many other delicious goodies.  The restaurants we visited were all in and around the Xlendi bay and throughout our stay they were visited by three lovely tabby cats - did we feed them?  Of course we did, how could we not.  Here is photograph of one of them:


You can see that he has one ear 'tipped'; this means he has been tipped, neutered and returned and is supported by the local SPCA.  Needless to say they are very friendly because they are hoping for food.  The restaurant staff are very tolerant of them and the majority of diners are too.

It's back to work now, although I did try to keep an eye on business communications while I was away.  My new venture, Village Vintage is up and running and I am recruiting stallholders, so if you are 'strictly vintage' and would like to take part in my vintage events, please do get in touch.  The Surrey Bazaar events are filling up nicely and I am planning to spend more time on my wedding stationery business.

I hope you all have a good week and I will be back again very soon with more Christmas Pie news.

Jill

2 comments:

  1. Nice to 'see' you back, safe and sound, and well rested. Gozo sounds fabulous. Looking forward to a catch up and hearing more about Village Vintage x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've have a lovely time. I've just been having a catch up of your blog, your trip to Chelsea looked great. Your Village Vintage sounds intriguing, I look forward to hearing more.
    I still try blog most weeks but since my hubby's bike accident last year I find that I do miss a few weeks here and there. It can be difficult to back into the swing after a break but I hope to 'see you around' more.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.