Blogger Templates

Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

RING OUT THE OLD, RING IN THE NEW - HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi everyone

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to a happy 2013.  What a fantastic year 2012 has been for the UK - wasn't it wonderful to be part of an Olympic Event that so many people had thought would be a disaster?  It was great and we spent many, many hours watching events that would not normally be on our 'viewing list'.

I am sure you have lots of New Year Resolutions planned, I would love to know what they are.  This time, I have decided not to admit to any because the vast majority of my resolutions quietly disappear sometime in February, or, embarrassingly during the first week of January, without any obvious sign of starting or completing them.

2012 has been a good year, tough going at times, but we have made it to today: healthy, certainly not wealthy, but definitely a little wiser than a year ago.  I have experienced highs and lows business-wise but I honestly feel more on track now than I was a year ago.  My designs and products have changed/been added to throughout the year, plans have either been carried out or abandoned as not being a good idea and I have made lots of new friends either in the flesh (always sounds odd) or online.  Their advice has been invaluable - all seem so much more organised than me and they are more objective about my business as not emotionally involved.  Oh, and I got my website set up - although still a work in progress.  How many times have I said that!

My last event of 2012 was the extra days spent at Secretts - a steep learning curve.  I will definitely take part in the three-day event and the extra days next year, but I  need to review what I sell and also to work on displays for things such as my wreaths and gift bags.  I shared my 'extra days' with my cake-making friend and we plan to do more joint activities in 2013 - here is a picture of part of our space as well as a photograph of the Christmas cake Linda made for us - it was lovely and we don't have much of it left (despite no New Year Resolutions, dieting has to be there somewhere):



Apart from business, I began volunteering for the Woking Cats Protection (WPC).  Hard to guess from my blog posts, I know, but I am a BIG cat fan - love them all dearly and could adopt each and every kitten that has been with me this year.  Initially I found it very hard to see them go when they had been adopted but was reminded by Pauline, the WPC Welfare Officer, that it is important to remember they are going to lovely new homes.  The last two kittens I fostered this year were the gorgeous Milly and Daisy, both beautiful black and white kittens and only a few weeks old.  We have always had tabby cats, I love their markings, but when I first saw Milly I just feel in love with her.  I couldn't resist her, so Milly very soon became a member of our family.

She is a lovely kitten, great fun, gets on well with Jazz, tries hard to get on with our Daisy - not always successfully but in time I am sure they will be pals.  She does have a very odd habit of collecting things.  Imagine the scene: washing completed, taken out of tumble drier, placed on chair for putting away, side-tracked by something else only to be reminded by Milly struggling along with a pair of underpants in her teeth!  It was hilarious, they are bigger than she is so she kept getting caught up in them!

Milly started her own mid-week post on my blog and will be getting back into a routine in January - Christmas has rather thrown her off track.  My kitten fostering will begin again at the end of January so I am sure Milly will be writing about the 'new kits on the block'.

In 2010/2011 I started to write a book, nothing whatsoever to do with crafting though, but another love of mine: crime fiction.  My plan for next year is to stop 'thinking about it' and get on with it, which leads me nicely to the next paragraph.

My plans for 2013 are to have more structure in my 'working' life.  Despite being glad not to have to work to deadlines, targets, etc as in my former life, I know that I do need that sort of organisation and structure, so next year will, fingers crossed, see a more organised me.

My Friday guest blog spot will begin again at the end of January, so please do get in touch if you would like to take part.  2012 had some fantastic guest posts and I enjoyed all of them.  As well as the Friday Guest Blog spot, I have also enjoyed taking part in Handmade Monday managed by Wendy - I have read some really great blog posts and been in awe of how clever people are with their craft work.  I look forward to reading more great posts in 2013 and to get the ball rolling, Wendy has a 2012 send-off linky party going on so have a look and catch up with what everyone has been doing in 2012 and is planning to do in 2013.

Happy New Year everyone - I look forward to 'seeing' all of you in 2013.

Jill

10 comments:

  1. Your stall looks amazing, Jill. The black background really sets of the colours. Good that 2012 was good year for you - I'm with you on creating more structure in my working day. I have set myself targets and realise I need to do more of this, to ensure the important things get done and make life easier (the mad Christmas making rush for website customers needs to be more spread throughout the year). Happy 2013!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have a tendency to waste time and think I can and should be more productive. So, organised 2013 here I come.

      Delete
  2. Hello Jill
    Thanks for all your wonderful posts this year. I've really enjoyed reading them. I can't believe your taking up another challenge, writing a novel. Have a wonderful New Year.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ali - the plan is to finish the novel this year. Being positive as want to be very organised in 2013.

      Delete
  3. It is really interesting reading people's reviews as you see a slightly different side to people. You always come across as so in control of everything. I cannot believe you are taking on new projects as your life seems busy enough! Here's to a great 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that being more structured and organised will make it easier to fit in new projects - fingers, toes and paws crossed.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Jill, So glad I got to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Jill. Looking forward to seeing CPC achieve world domination in 2013 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!!! It sounds like your business is going from strength to strength and i hope this continues for the coming year :)

    Your stall looks great! Really cheery and festive x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.