Blogger Templates

Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

A TALE OF TWO KITTIES

Hi everyone

While it is not normal in my home to have four cats, at the moment I do.  Jazz and Daisy and my two little lodgers, who (oh dear) are going to their new home today.  Even though they have only been here for a few days, I will miss them - they have been such great fun to have here.  I hope the closeness that they demonstrate goes on throughout their adult life, because at the moment they clearly love each other.  They sleep cuddled up, they play (OK, they occasionally thump each other, but it is kitten play-fighting) together and share each others food.  Watching their antics has been very off-putting where my work has been concerned, but considerably better than what is currently on the television.

They are off to the vet's this morning for a health check, first jab and to be chipped and from there they are going on to their new home.  As difficult as it will be to say 'goodbye' to them, I am so glad they have a new home - so this morning was spent packing their little suitcases, collecting their cage and pen and putting them in my car and off to the vets we went.  But all is not lost, on Thursday afternoon I will be collecting Ash and Micro; two more gorgeous kittens who need some TLC while their fosterer goes on holiday.

Yesterday Daisy nipped indoors with a mouse, dropped it in the lounge and then wandered off!  Why do cats do this?  Do we look hungry?  In need of fresh meat?  Or is this payback for bringing two kittens into our home - she isn't so keen on them.  I think that what goes through her mind each time she sees them is 'I had four like you once and that was enough, so don't think I am going to look after you as I have enough on my paws looking after Jazz!'  Not much mothering instinct there.

To round off the tale of two kitties, I homed two kittens yesterday!  My neighbour, who as I have mentioned in other posts, loves black cats, is going to adopt two little black girls from Woking Cats Protection.  They are very nervous - poor little things were abandoned when very young (they are six months old now).  So very soon two new kittens will be moving in with Diva, Shadow and Trio.

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.  Don't forget to come back on Friday for my guest blog post and I will be posting my usual bumper scribblings on Sunday.

Jill

9 comments:

  1. Well, that's all very interesting but when did you start posting Wednesday's update on a Tuesday? Anyway, never mind, I've caught up now :-)

    Sounds like all the cats (and kittens) are getting along famously - well done x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger seems to have a strange habit that it retains and uses the date you begin the post and not the date you post. Began this one last night, posted today, odd.

      Delete
  2. Aww I would love to have a house full , sadly I'm allergic to cats but one day I will have a house full of dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a shame. When we moved here I developed an allergy and first thought it was to cats (dreadful as we had one) - turned out to be to certain trees. Very odd.

      Delete
  3. My daughter would love your house. She tried to convince me to adopt another cat the other day but as she's away at Uni and we live with a cat hating dog it's not going to happen. I have to say I'm much more of a cat person. My Aunt cat's regularily lined mice up outside their back door. Enjoy the sun. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I as growing up we had a cat who always delivered 'fresh' meat for us every day - so generous.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad those kitties all found homes! Wow, 5 kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 black cats/kittens and one black and white cat. Big gorgeous eyes x 5

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that they have found homes.

    My old cat had a habit of bringing in live Slow Worms **shudder** anything with scales makes me feel most unwell.

    Good luck with Ash and Micro xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.