Blogger Templates

Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

THURSDAY'S BLOG HOP (MY SECOND ONE)

Hello everyone

What a gorgeous day - now this is what September should be link.  Fingers crossed it lasts to the end of the month.

Well it's Thursday Blog-Hop time again - the days are rushing past so quickly.  Although I have been busy making Christmas cards, for today's post I thought I would include another male card.  For some reason, I seem to not make many cards for men although I do make cards that could be used for either female and/or male friends/relatives.  So another line for the To Do list: make more male-themed greetings cards.

Anyway, back to today's one.  I love Art Deco (I enjoy Poirot as much for the plot as the furniture and the buildings) and also am a big fan of leaded glass windows (coloured, pattern, anything), so this combines both.  Although Art Deco is really curvy, I feel this card does reflect some of that era.  The card-stock is plain white, size A3; on top of that cut slightly smaller than A4 is a sheet of burgundy card-stock.  I printed the salutation on plain white paper using a Gothic-style font (not very Art Deco I know, but it looks good) - I fixed this sheet to the burgundy card and then added the cut-out Art Deco topper.  I think the colours are very eye-catching.


It wasn't until I photographed this card that I realised that I should have printed the salutation in burgundy coloured ink to compliment the border - or even better practice my Calligraphy skills (well perhaps a lot more practice needed before I commit to something like this.

Don't forget to visit the other Thursday Blog-Hop participants and have at look at their lovely work.  I will be back blogging on Sunday.  Enjoy the rest of the week.

Jill

3 comments:

  1. I love art deco style too, in fact anything vintage, as you know. This card is so different and the stain glass so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual card and striking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the card jill :) i need to come up with a male card for my brother this weekend..... Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.