Blogger Templates

Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

THE GOOD AND THE BAD

Hi everyone

Hurricane Sandy, or is it Superstorm Sandy?  So much damage and loss of life.  My brother and sister-in-law live in New Jersey and also have a summer home in Cape May.  I heard from them on Monday when they were fixing anything and everything down, but nothing since.  I saw on the news yesterday that Cape May was one of the flooded areas and as their house is appx 500 metres from the sea, I think it may have been in the path of the floods.  They were in their house in New Jersey, so I am hoping they are safe.  Property, although important, can be replaced, I just hope they are both okay.  The pictures of Times Square empty and quiet were amazing - I have never seen it like that.  Flooded streets, businesses unable to function, public transport not working, homes without power - dare I say it is almost like a disaster movie come to life.  I know it will take a long time to recover from this freak weather, but I hope no more lives will be lost.

The good news part of my post is that Beth, my hair dresser is pregnant and she is having twins!  She doesn't know yet whether it is 2 boys, 2 girls or one of each, but does know they are not identical twins.  Twins do not run in her family or her husband's family, but as she said yesterday, the trend has to being somewhere.  She has everything planned: she will continue working for as long as possible, then her clients will be taken on by the salon where she is going to work when she returns to work.  So organised - I need to take some tips from her.  Of course with twins, I am not so sure how all of this planning will be possible when it is double the work involved.  Plenty of time for me to get my knitting needles out - er, think I will be looking for some handmade baby clothes instead as my knitting needles rarely behave.

No guest blogger this Friday, but there will be a blog post, so don't forget to drop in for a visit.

I am at the Godalming Independent Christmas Market on Saturday, so if you live locally it would be lovely to see you.

Jill

6 comments:

  1. I do hope your brother and his family are safe. New Jersey coastline looks devastated by the storm. Hard to comprehend the scale of it.

    Love good news - sorry, knitting not my thing either :-)

    Hope to pop in on Saturday x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are safe, so that's more good news for us. The pictures/videos of the event are hard to watch - so very sad. Hope to see you tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Please send my best wishes for a speedy recovery to your brother and family. I can't begin to imagine what devastation a flood would bring to our home. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, that is so kind of you. No, I can't imagine coping with it - to lose all of our personal things would be dreadful.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.