Blogger Templates

Pages

Thursday 29 December 2011

THE INBETWEEN DAYS

Hi everyone

Well, where did it go?  Christmas Day whizzed by, closely followed by Boxing Day whizzing by almost as fast. We had a lovely time and I hope you did too.  Lots of gorgeous presents - some of which were lovely craft-related goodies.  The mountain of mince-pies are gradually reducing, the turkey has been dispatched to the stew-pot and frozen for another day, the recycling bin is full to over-flowing (as is the bottle one!) and one of my New Year's resolutions to lose weight and get fit is moving further up the list.

I did a bit of sales shopping yesterday for craft items.  I went to a local out-of-town site that has several well known stores and was very surprised at how quiet it was.  Even the drive in to the town wasn't as I had expected - - it was a very easy run.  Perhaps all the massive shopping bonanza's we hear about on the news are only taking place in London.  However, I had clearly missed most of the bargains (perhaps everyone was there the day before me?) but managed to get some things for one of my new 2012 projects.

The biggest surprise was that I also made a start on my website yesterday!  Incredible?  Amazing?  A New Year's resolution begun early - that has to be a first for me.  I am still working on the Home Page, but I have got the colours I wanted, which has always been a bit of a problem (well, a weak one I know), set up some pages so now it should be all systems go.  When it is 'going live' I will post a blog about it here - there will be a link on my website to my Blog and from this Blog to my website.  Plan to spend some time each day adding photographs and text - I haven't decided upon a publication date and know that if I put one in writing and miss it I will be kicking myself, so think it best to use the slogan of a shampoo from many years ago - 'wash and go' or rather in this case 'publish and go'.

Back to the website now.  I hope you all have a fantastic New Year.  We are spending our New Year's Eve here with good friends - they all live in walking distance so transport, when needed, will be Shank's Pony.

I will be back in 2012 and look forward to sharing blog news with you then

Jill

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Can't believe it's over so quickly ~ still a few more days until back to work. Everyone seems to have a web site in the making so good luck. I've just been setting up a couple of things for the blog for Jan. Now a chill out with a coffee and book! Cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Years Resolutions scare the heck out of me. I am not making any more. My regular one is always to loose weight which I break just as regularly.
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fab new year and good luck with the website :)

    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good new year, I'm another one working on getting my website finished and published. I've also made a resolution to lose weight and get fit. I wonder how long we can stick to it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.